- Do you suppose I'll cry when I send her to school EVERY year?
- 7:30 in the morning until 3:30 in the afternoon is a long time.
- First grade = Lots of Firsts.
- Will she find her classroom?
- Will she eat her lunch?
- She's not big enough to go to 1st grade. Her backpack is bigger than she is.
- I hope she's not as nervous as I am.
- Is it 3:30 YET?
- No, I'm not homeschooling, but I've considered it.
3:42 slowly rolled around and the bus finally pulled in and guess what? It wasn't the happy ending I was looking for. I took one look at Sirri and new something was wrong. Sirri took one look at me and she was in tears. Full on alligator tears. And my heart broke. I hugged her shaking little body and could instantly feel the raging fever. Poor Sirri had spent her first day at school sick. Not to mention that she had insult added to injury when someone was mean to her on the bus. Grrrr. I really hate the bus.
I just wish all my worrying would have been in vain.
So, now I'm going to go to bed and try to sleep even though I know I'll worry about whether I should send her to school tomorrow and hope and pray that her second day can be better than her first.