Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Grandma is the Queen of Hearts


The day after Relay we had an 8oth birthday celebration for my Grandma. The theme of the party was, "My Grandma is the Queen of Hearts!" I can't think of a more fitting description for my Grandma. She truly is the Queen of MY heart and I hope to be just like her someday....

kind
funny
sassy
smart
beautiful
back scratcher
classy
thoughtful
giving
generous
listener
talker
crier
loved
MINE
It was a fabulous celebration with all of her children, many of her grandchildren and great grandchildren and lots of friends. As I wacthed all the people who were at the party and saw the goodness in each of them, I couldn't help but think that the goodness in all of us is because of the goodness in her. My grandma's legacy is already beginning to grow and show itself and to live on in all of her family and friends.
It was such a great experience to have this family reunion in my little ole town, at my little old house, in my big beautiful yard. I never ever thought we'd be having such an occasion at my house, but low and behold, we did. It was such a special weekend and one that I will not soon (if ever) forget.


I love you, Grandma.
You will ALWAYS be the QUEEN OF MY HEART.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Love this! It looks like such a fun party, and I love the playing card banners. Such a great and easy idea. I may have to steal this one!!

Lauren in GA said...

You are completely awesome Lisa-Marie. I know your sweet Grandma LOVED this party in her honor and for her birthday.

I love the banners.

Grandma W. said...

Oh, thank you so much for the sweet and kind words, Honey!! Let me tell you --- it was such a very "special" weekend for me too!!
I never thought I would be the guest of honor at a party in YOUR yard!! It was just fabulous! All
you kids (from youngest to oldest)
made it a day I will never forget!!
Everything all of you did made it so fun for everyone!! I got such a kick out of all the great grand-children and how much fun they had in your beautiful yard! Love it!
Like I said to Connor, it is like having your own private park!!!
Everyone loved it!! I hope we get to do something like that again in your yard!! We are so lucky to have our wonderful family!!!!
We love you!! Gosh, it has been so much fun turning 80, I may have to do it again!! You know, your Mom had a luncheon for me yesterday so all my good friends from here could come! I don't know what we would do without her!!! For sure!!!!
Love you!