Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Hair Today...Gone Tomorrow!

BEFORE

I am feeling like a new woman. Actually I am feeling like the real me. The me that I prefer. I have had short, and I mean short hair for about the last 4-5 years. (Which is quite a drastic change from my high school hair which was down to the middle of my back.) I was feeling the need for change and began the laborious task of growing it out. Well, I lasted 6 months before I folded! (And that is actually really good for me. ) I was feeling so frustrated with my hair as it got longer. I didn't like that one hour after doing it, (which takes much longer than short hair) I looked like a rag-a-muffin. I didn't like it touching my face, so I would tuck it behind my ears. I didn't like that it got sweaty at the gym. It bothered me to have to take the time to blow dry it after showering. I didn't like that I had to "touch it up" during the day. I didn't like that it made me feel less "spunky." Basically, I didn't like it. One day my friend asked me WHY I was growing it out. I had no reason other than to prove to a girlfriend and my hubby that I could do it. (they knew I wouldn't last and my stubborn streak got the best of me!) So, I was being silly and they were right. I couldn't do it. I didn't want to do it. And after spending way too much time agonizing over my "longish" hair, I chopped it off and haven't looked back!


AFTER

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the spunky new do! You're right that it's sure different from high school. It suits your presonality - Sweet yet sassy!!

The Dille Family said...

You are adorable!! And very brave! The hair fits you. I like it. I am trying to grow mine out right know and don't know why either. I may fold too! But probably not as short. It was good to hear from you. Where are you at? Glad we can keep in touch with blogs. They're great. You are a busy mom, with 3 kids!