Sunday, November 11, 2007

Dear Pappa,

Hi. I thought that you might need a little pick me up since you just had your hip replaced and had the flu this week. I am sorry. I hope that you are feeling better. Maybe this video of me on my bike will help. I just LOVE my bike. I want to go for a ride every day. I am so glad that you found this bike for me. It is my new favorite thing to do. I am getting really good too. I used to need a little push to get going but I can do it all by myself now! I am even really brave when I fall off. My mom thought for sure that I would get really upset and be a bit dramatic (like I can get!) but I get right up and right back on the bike. This makes my Mommy really proud and happy. She thinks that I look like such a big girl on my bike and it makes her a little bit sad that I am growing up so fast. I love you so much and can't wait to see you next week. I am going to bring my bike so you can see me in action! By the way, Mommy and I named my bike Purple Paradise. She said that every bike has to have a name!!! (When she was little she had a bike named Blue Lightning!)

I love you!

Sirri

11 comments:

Laurel said...

Hip replacement AND the flu? Miseray apparently DOES love company. So sorry. But cute video.

Celia Fae said...

I hope Pappa loved the video and was super impressed that you could put in on your blog. Did you get one of Meg doing so big? And did I ever tell you I know a woman named Siri? She's beautiful just like your daughter.

Jessica said...

This is the original reason for blogs, right? Good job!

Jeb and Becca said...

Lisa,
I love the things you write on your blog! They are so uplifting and fun to read. Your kids are adorable...I love Meg's "so big". That was Savannah's favorite trick for a long time and it never got old. Have a great day!
Becca

Karalenn Hippen said...

What a sweet pick-me-up. And what a big girl to be learning to ride a bike so well. That pappa is one lucky guy to have such a sweet daughter and granddaughter. I hope he is doing okay. SOunds like an awful week.

Grandma W. said...

Hi Honey! I just looked at the blog! The picture and video of Sirri are just darling! She really picked that up in a hurry didn't she? She can ride a long ways too! Pappa is sleeping right now, but when he wakes up, I will have him look at it! I am glad you are bringing her bike because she will have a real good place to ride at G & G Bigelow's!! And,
Connor will have his then too!!!
I love you!

Grandma W. said...

Hi Kids; I have to use Grandma's
space as I don't have an account.
Sirri is really taking to the bike!
That is neat. Now it will be fun to
have she & Connor both on them.They
can have a fun time riding here in Boise.
I'm feeling much better today, have been up for quite awhile this
PM. Not much pain but can sure tell
I have a new joint. Go to the Dr.
tomorrow & hopefully get the staples out which should make it
feel better. Looking forward to your visit!! Love you All!!
Pappa.

cindy. said...

sirri,

i am so proud of you! you can really ride that bike, girl! i can't wait for you to be here next week. we'll definitely have to go on a bike ride together!

thank you for the picture postcard you sent me in the mail. i LOVED it! it was a great reminder to me of how blessed i am! you made my day...thank you!

love you so much and can't wait to see you!

aunt cindy.

Hollyween said...

This is just too sweet. I love how excited you sound in the video. SOOOO cute. You have a drama queen too? I have a drama KING. Levi is SOOOO dramatic. John says he gets it all from me. I've decided to take it as a compliment.

Jake said...

I love that you name your bikes. I am going to do that with my kids. They will love it! Each of my children adore adore adore their bikes. I just love to watch little kids ride. Simple pleasure, great exercise and a whole lot of independence!

Pam said...

Sirri Marie, What a big girl you are to ride "Purple Paradise" all by yourself. I am really proud of you. Grandma will get her bike out next week and we can go riding around my neighborhood. I'll bet Connor is excited to come and get his new bike from Papa! Have you been thinking of names for Connor's bike or does he need to see it first? I will see you Saturday! Love, Grandma