Saturday, June 2, 2007

Loving Rexburg

I love living in Small Town Rexburg and here is one more reason why......

The check out ladies at Albertsons know me. The librarians know me. The bank tellers know me. Even the produce guy at the grocery store knows me. And it's not just me. Though I am sure I am especially known in Rexburg as the crazy girl with three kids 3 and under! But everyone knows most everyone or we at least recognize one another for the most part. And I like it. Sounds silly I know, but it makes me happy.

And here is a story that helps portray why it makes me happy. Today I went to the grocery store. (I was even by myself which makes this a great story to begin with!!!) Anyway, when I got to the checkout one of the check out gals came up to me and asked if I had lost my daughters shoe earlier that week. I had in fact. Though I did not know that it was at the Albertsons that they had been lost. (Yeah, I know #1 Mom!) She said they were in the lost and found and went to get them for me. When she came back, she also had a pair of my son's shoes that had been lost on the same shopping trip (Again, #1 Mom, I know!!!) But how fabulous is that? Those little shoes could belong to any kid but they knew they were mine. I bet that doesn't happen in....well, in too many places!

I love Rexburg!

1 comment:

Arin Rohrbach said...

I didn't know you were in Rexburg. My grandparents and most of my mother's family live in Rigby, so I am well aquainted with Rexburg.