Sunday, July 29, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things....Children's Literature Edition

#1 Anything by Sandra Boynton. Her children's board books are delightful. If you have never read Pajama Time, might I suggest it? "Pajammy to the Left, Pajammy to the right. Jamma Jamma Jamma Jamma PJ!"#2 Fanny's Dream by Caralyn Buehner. This one is geared towards adults and would make a fabulous little wedding gift. It is a beautiful story with beautiful artwork and makes me cry every time. Kendon used to let me read this one to him before we had kids. Now, he thinks since I actually have kids I don't need to read kiddy books to HIM anymore. Isn't that sad!

#3 Lama Lama Red Pajama by Anna Dewdney. This is a charm of a little book. It is so much fun to read. Just saying the title is great fun so imagine what the story is like!


What are some of YOUR favorites?

3 comments:

Stacey Jensen said...

I really like "Bear Snores On", "Bear's New Friend", "Bear Wants More", "Bear Stays Up" by Karma Wilson. They are beautifully illustrated and the rhythm of the text makes it fun for the kids .... but mostly for me.

Niki Barber said...

I am always so excited to read your blog. You have dang cute kids. I can't wait until Dani is old enough to roll around and eat suckers and read stories. Looking forward to more little editions of the blog.

Nikki

Anonymous said...

That is what you should start doing! Writing books! I think you could even do the illustrations! You are so darned clever! Maybe when you have a "little" more spare time, you can start it! Ha Ha! I will tell you what spare time is sometime! Something we never seem to have!
Love you!
Grandma W.