Friday, July 27, 2007

Proud to be Cavity Free!

Well, not me actually, but my kiddos!
I took Sirri and Connor to their first dentist appointment yesterday. I know that since Sirri is 4 years old (in a few days anyway) that this appointment was long over due. I have been so nervous about taking them that I just kept putting it off. I was anxious 1) because I have such terrible teeth and was frightened that the kids would as well (which really is why I should have taken them a long time ago, I know) and 2) because you always hear the horror stories of kids at the dentist.

Well, the kids were super troopers. They were so great. I know they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so since I was a ding-a-ling and forgot my camera you might have to listen to a proud Mommy ramble on for a thousand words about how cute and great her kids were!

Picture this..... Itty bitty Sirri in that great big dentist chair, holding on to a little bit of power and control (as she tends to do) by refusing (ever so kindly) to not lay down all the way. She did this cute little laying on her side thing with her head propped up on her hand. Her hair is in piggy tails and she is wearing her "Teresa flippies" and darn cute capri pants, held up with a belt of course! She has really befriended and captured the heart of her assistant by showing her each of the mosquito bites on her legs and charming everyone who happens by. It is taking a little longer to get going with Sirri because she is little Miss Chatty and won't stop talking long enough to look inside her mouth.

Imagine Connor... Very apprehensive about getting on the chair. He won't let me out of his sight and hangs onto my leg. He finally agrees to get in the chair if I hold him. He plays the shy game by turning his head and refusing to look at his assistant even though he does have a slight and ever so sly smile on his face. This is how you know he will eventually give in. Which he does. He even lets me off the chair. His day is made when the assistant allows him to push the buttons that makes his chair go up and down and even gets to shoot water on the wall out of the "mouth rinser" tool. He sits very still while having his teeth cleaned and then inspected by the dentist. When it is all over with his sly smile has turned into his proud look. He gets a proud look very similar to my dads. (Though my dad gets the proud face when he is proud of others and Connor, his shows up when he is proud of, well....himself!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey! So glad you took the kids to the dentist! It is so important to get them started young! Sounded like they got good reports! Good! Sorry you have to have bad teeth too! You must have taken after your Grandma! (yes, me!) Darn!
Love y;ou!
Grandma W.

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you Sirri and Connor! What a great day when you are cavity free! It is important that the dentist be your friend. Keep up the good work. Grandma loves you so much! Grandma B.