Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hee Haw!

Today the kids and I were driving to Idaho Falls. To pass time and because I tend to be the biggest kid I've got, I started a silly little game with my kids.

I said, "a cow says, Heehaw!" Which of course my kids replied, "No, a cow says moo!" I continue to be the jest and say, "a pig says, quack quack." Another loud reply from my kids, "Moooom! a Pig says Oink!"

I continue. "A dog says meow. A turtle says ribbet. A mouse says baaa."

Connor by now, gets that I am joking and decides to join in the fun. He even added his little sister Meg to the list of animals. He decided, "Meg, says, woof woof!" Pretty clever three year old if you ask me! (and not too far off the mark since Meg spends much of her day, eating pooping and chewing on things!)

Connor and I keep joking around. We are laughing at ourselves, thinking we are pretty clever. Well, Sirri on the other hand, apparently does not! The next thing we know, from the back seat we get this, "Mooooooooooooom, quit making different sounds!"

"We are just pretending, Sirri."

"Stop pretending."

For some reason I feel like I am in trouble. Did we take the joke too far? Is it disrespectful to laugh when someone says your daughter barks like a dog? Maybe. I'm not sure. But just in case, I stop. Plus, to be honest I am a little afraid of the wrath of Sirri! If you don't believe me or think you can take the heat, I double dog dare you...Come on over and cluck like a chicken. I'll be sure Sirri gets a front row seat!!

Editors Note (Editor...that's me!): Hi Sirri. This is your mom. I just have to put a little side note here since you will read this some day when you are older and I don't want you to think I was picking on you!!! I love you and I love your "fireyness" too. That makes you...YOU! So, I just have to document these funny little quirky stories about you cause I want to remember them some day. Why do I want to remember them? again..... because I love you! Love Mom.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sirri cracks me up!! I love that little firecracker!!

Unknown said...

Waaaaay to cute!! I agree, Conner is a pretty darn smart 3 yr. old and little Miss Sirri was simply showing her more "mature, serious" side! And we can ALL probably guess where she gets her 'fieriness' ... One day your Aunt Patty 'Bubbles' will tell a few Grandma Bigelow stories ... :)

Grandma W. said...

How fun! Sirri, you know who says what don't you? Mom and Connor were just spoofing you! You are such a big girl! And, like Aunt Patty "Bubbles", I think I know who you are just like! Her name is Grandma Bigelow!! Know her? Sure you do! It is OK because we love her too!!!