Monday, August 6, 2007

I VOODOO... Do You?!?!

Okay, okay, don't panic. I 'm really not into voodoo dolls or anything crazy like that. BUT I am seeing a Naturopath. Don't I sound all hip and California? "I am seeing a Naturopath!" Well, he is really a chiropractor who also does naturopathic healing. The reason I think it is hip is because my older sister who does live in California and IS very hip, happens to have her own Herbologist which is similar to a naturopath! Therefor, that makes it HIP and I like my new hipness! Is that kinda like peer pressure?

Anyway, the reason I am seeing this naturopath is because I have a big canker sore problem. My mom says they come from lying but I'm getting older and I'm starting think maybe she made that up! So, I've had chronic cankers for about a year now. It isn't a ton of fun and when one of my friends and I counted 23 in my mouth the other day she called a doctor that she worked for for ten years. He is the naturopath. He told me to come in and see him and we would get rid of them. He did muscle testing on me (that is what he refers to as the VOODOO!) and found out what minerals I am deficient in thus causing the cankers. This all started when I was pregnant with Meg causing the deficiency and the minerals were never able to regenerate in my system. I have been going in for shots that is a cocktail of all the minerals that I am deficient in. Interesting huh?

So, here is a funny little story about getting one of the shots. The shot happens to be in my, uh rear end. Sorry if that is too much information but hey that's the truth! ( I wouldn't want to fib and get anymore cankers!) So, as the doctor was giving me the injection he was singing the country song that was on the radio. Every time he didn't know a word he would replace it with, "bum bum bum." This cracked me up considering the location of my shot. My thoughts to him were, "Maybe when you are actually giving someone a shot in their bum, you should come up with a different word to hum." He laughed and agreed. He said he would work on that for next time! We'll see what he comes up with.

By the way...I am not sharing whether I think the shots are working or not yet. I'm so afraid to jinx it. I'll let you all know in a week or so! Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!!! Honey, I feel for you so much because from the time I was just a little kid, I had canker sores so bad. As I got older, they finally let up, however, I do get one once in a while even at my "old age"! I hope the shots help you! I get something from the dentist's office called, Peridex(chlorhexidine Gluconate O.12%). It really helps, but I have never had 23 in my mouth at a time!! That is awful!! Good luck and we hope they go away forever!!!
We love you!
Grandma and Papa

Anonymous said...

You and your Grandma both must be telling little fibs! (hee!hee!)

We pray for you everyday that they will go away! (Daddy says he prays that you will quit fibbing!!)

I still say you need to write a book!!!!!!!

Love you, Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention how fun your music is! That is a neat addition to everything else you do!
And, we don't tell fibs do we??!!
WE sure had a nice weekend with Mary Jo, Phil, Tanya and her girls! Wish you could all have been here!
Love You!!
Grandma W.

jessica said...

This has nothing to do with your post but I just wanted to let you know that I looked at your blog a while ago and thought it was great, and since I'm a huge copy cat and loved the music and slide show I stole your idea and put it on my blog...hope you don't mind! See you at the reunion.

D-dawg said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. This post was interesting to me because my husband gets canker sores all of the time just like you do. You'll have to let me know if these shots work for you! I hope they do. Having that many in your mouth must be so painful!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa Marie, looks to me like a
few folks are picking on you.
Shame on them, I'm sure you have
NEVER told a fib.
We really enjoy your blog Honey,
keep up the good work.
I agree with your Mom. YOU SHOULD
WRITE A BOOK!!
LOVE YOU!! Pappa

patty Johnson said...

Well listen to you acting all "So Cal Chick"!!! :) I LOVE IT!!! My Chiro does Kensiology muscle testing on my too and although it does seem a bit 'voodoo', I'll bet you a bottle of bubbles it works! :) 23 in your mouth at one time ... One heck of a weight loss technique I'm sure! I'm sooo sorry you're having to deal with that and HAVE for over a year! You crazy girl ... what took you so long to go see your Voodoo Witch Dr?!?! I'll say a little prayer that you get TOTAL relief from those nasty cankers! xoxo PJ
P.S. Come on ... We've ALL told little white lies but THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! Hang in there kiddo ... Your recovery is going to take a little longer than normal! LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!