Thursday, October 4, 2007

Super Dad

Here are some of the things that make Kendon Super Dad.

All of the following happened within twenty four hours of the kids and me arriving home from being gone for a week:

  • Sirri threw a hugango fit.. This was of the likes that I have not seen in a long time. We had only been home from our trip for about an hour so I was already frazzled. Kendon on the other hand kept his cool. He took Sirri in her room and talked her down.
  • Meg was up all night long. Six times in an 8 hour time period to be exact. I was sure Kendon was ready to ship us back to Boise. Yet every time we got her settled down and crawled back into bed he would say, "I'm still glad you are home!"
  • When I got home we were in desperate need of groceries. Poor Kendon survived the week on marshmallows and ketchup. (Maybe a slight exaggeration, but close.) He arranged for his sister to watch our kids so we could go to Winco. I love going to Winco with Kendon. It is such a breeze.
  • Upon arriving home, Kendon brought all $225 worth of groceries in by himself. See, what a guy!
  • He then took the kiddos outside to play and shoot their bows so I could get the groceries put away in peace.
  • THEN he came in t he house and got all the kiddos in jammers and put them to bed.
He is a champion of a dad! I love you babe and could never do it without you!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

When a husband buys groceries, it's always a big turn on. Way to go! I found you through Stie's site.

Pam said...

Yes, he is a wonderful father and husband and we appreciate you very much Kendon.

Love, Your Mother-in-Law

Paige said...

I think I love him too. Is he for hire. I'd bed a guy mowing a long with a kid on his back in one second. He deserves it. Pretty much any man doing chores and I'm a sure thing!

I swear, paci goes bye bye Friday night...

Angela said...

What a nice tribute. It makes me want to hug him. What a cute family you have. I was also sorry to hear of your potty training troubles. The runs are bad in anyone. On the bright side, it can only look up from that point on because nothing else is much worse. =) (Knock on wood)

Grandma W. said...

Way to go, Kendon!!! We are very glad you came into Lisa Marie's life when you did! You are our Grandson and we are proud of you!
Your little one's love you so much and that is so important!!!!!
We love you!