Saturday, October 6, 2007

Update

Update #1 Grandpa Bigelow

My mom called last night to give me an update on Grandpa. The family had a meeting with the medical staff at the hospital and they were told that they suspect he only has a few more days to live.

She called again this morning at 11:30 and said that the whole family is up at the hospital waiting for Grandpa to pass. They have been singing hymns and primary songs and having a nice time considering the circumstances.

It is 4:15 right now and I haven't had any word yet. It is so hard to be here and have them all there. It is times like these that I wish that I still lived in Boise. But I don't so what do you do? I battled back and forth over whether or not to jump in the van and go. But again, what would I do. I was able to have some good experiences with Gpa last week and I guess that I just hang on to those. It may sound a little morbid but I do wish that I could be there with him when he passes. Assuming that it will be a peaceful experience for him, I think it would help me to see him no longer in pain. It was hard to watch him hurting so bad last week.

So, here I sit. Waiting for the phone to ring.

On a little lighter side...
Update #2 Potty Training

In a nut shell, it is a good thing that I bought so many pairs of undies for Connor. He has not peed in the toilet one time yesterday or today. grrrrrrrrr.

I think I'll go eat all his training treats. That might help me feel better. Too bad they aren't chocolate.

1 comment:

Grandma W. said...

You have just been faced with one of the "facts of life", HOney! We just never know when these things are going to happen and we all know there will be more. We have been very fortunate throught the years, but we can't escape them forever!
We love you!
P.S.
Don't eat all the treats! That is going to be great!!